The Best Mexican Spicy Green Salsa Recipe
- 10 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 5-8 serrano chile peppers (or jalapenos if you don't want it as spicy)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves
- Feel free to adjust however you like. Some people roast the tomatillos, onion, and serranos in the oven. Some people add some lime juice, cumin, or some oil as well.
- Place tomatillos, serrano peppers, onion and garlic in a saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of water (more if you want it less thick)
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low
- Cook until tomatillos are soft and slightly yellowish-brown (20min)
- Pour cook vegetables into blender!
- Pour into container and let it sit in the refrigerator till it's cool!